Antoinette Catonia Mia Bailey scoops the MBA Student of the Year Award at the AMBA Excellence Awards 2018
Antoinette Catonia Mia Bailey, a social entrepreneur with 10 years management experience from The Chinese University Hong Kong Business School won the MBA Student of the Year Award, proudly sponsored by The Wall Street Journal at the Annual AMBA Gala Dinner and MBA Excellence Awards (#Gala18), hosted by The Association of MBAs (AMBA) on 2 February 2018.
Antoinette’s commitment to creating a positive impact for society and the environment as a whole can be seen through her various roles, both academically and professionally.
During her MBA Antoinette was elected President of the Student Association, Harvard Business School HPAIR Entrepreneurship and Technology delegate, and founded the InterMBA Asia initiative to create a sharing economy between Hong Kong’s best and brightest Business Schools. Antoinette has a proven track record in innovation, entrepreneurship, sustainability, and social enterprise.
She has also led multiple fundraising projects for social enterprises during her MBA programme such as the ‘Nurturing Social Minds’ programme run by a Hong Kong family’s philanthropic organisation, and as one of 12 finalists at the UBS Social Innovators APAC Summit in Singapore. Antoinette is currently in the process of launching a technology product targeting social impact and sustainability causes.
Antoinette Catonia Mia Bailey added: ‘I feel humbled, after seeing all the other candidates, and the great work they’re doing. It feels great and it really motivates me now to make an impact and help people to actually see the benefits of focusing on sustainability’.
Student of the Year Award, proudly sponsored by The Wall Street Journal
Winner: Antoinette Catonia Mia BAILEY, CUHK Business School
Highly Commended: Juan Víctor Fajardo, IESA
Christy Tan, Alliance Manchester Business School
Elyse Krumholz, SDA Bocconi School of Management
Glory Enyinnaya , Lagos Business School
Jennifer Wascak, Westminster Business School
About CUHK Business School
- Established in Hong Kong in 1963, CUHK Business School is the first Business School to offer BBA, MBA and Executive MBA programmes in the region. Today, the School offers eight undergraduate programmes and 13 graduate programmes including MBA, EMBA, Master, MSc, MPhil and PhD.
- As a pioneer in business education, CUHK Business School launched its MBA programmes, the first of its kind in Asia, in 1966. Over the past 50 years, CUHK MBA programmes, offering through full-time and part-time modes, have attracted highly motivated individuals who have the vision to further accelerate their careers through a wide range of leadership trainings and global learning opportunities.
- The Executive MBA (EMBA) programme at CUHK Business School launched in 1993 is also the first of its kind in Hong Kong. With the aim of nurturing top-notch management talents to meet the needs of Greater China and the world, CUHK EMBA follows the university’s global vision and mission ‘to combine tradition and modernity, and bring together China and the West’.
- The first-of-its-kind MBA Programme in Finance (FMBA) is jointly offered by CUHK in collaboration with the Tsinghua University in China. Leveraging on the academic expertise from both universities across three strategic locations of China (Beijing, Shenzhen and Hong Kong), the programme aims to nurture a new generation of finance professionals to seize the opportunities arising from the rapid growth of the China financial market. Since its launch in 2000, FMBA has nurtured over 1,000 students, many of whom are key business leaders in China.
- In the Financial Times Global MBA Ranking 2018, the CUHK MBA is ranked 43rd. In Financial Times’ 2017 EMBA ranking, CUHK EMBA was ranked 32nd in the world.
- CUHK Business School currently has about 4,400 undergraduate and postgraduate students and has the largest number of business alumni (32,000+) in Hong Kong, many of whom are key business leaders.
The Association of MBAs is the impartial authority on postgraduate management education and is committed to raising its profile and quality standards internationally for the benefit of business schools, students and alumni and employers. AMBA established that vision in 1967 and it’s as relevant today as it was more than 50 years ago:
- Our accreditation service is the global standard for all MBA, DBA and Master’s degrees, currently accrediting programmes from the top 2% of business schools in more than 85 countries.
- We are the only professional membership association that connects MBA students and graduates, accredited business schools and MBA employers throughout the world.
- Through our proprietary research centre we produce a rich body of reports exploring global trends in the sector and drivers of thought leadership.
- Networking opportunities online and in person are offered across all continents with corporate partners, alongside access to a database of career advice and knowledge and an MBA jobs portal.
- Accredited business schools, their students and alumni are provided with access to a range of exclusive services and benefits, including superior world-class events and training.
- All of our diverse stakeholder groups are integrated through contributions to our online community.