Share your story
Share your story
Share your story through CUHK’s social media
CUHK welcomes members of the community to submit ideas and content for promotion via the University’s central social media channels. We have prepared below a simple form to help organise your content which will assist our team in reviewing your material and preparing it for posting. We are a big university and there is a lot happening across our community. We need to make sure that whatever we publish generates as much engagement as possible and that we amplify your message so it has a strong impact. We will contact you in 3-5 working days after receiving the information.
As you are considering contacting us, we’ve prepared some guidelines which will hopefully help you think about your intended audience, and allow us to think of the best channel for your message.
- Who do you want to target? Is your message targeting staff, students (current or prospective), alumni, industry partners, or academic institutions overseas?
- What do you want to achieve from your social media post? For example, are you trying to generate interest and engagement in an event or an initiative, or are you reporting on something which has already taken place? Are you announcing an achievement, celebrating a success, or trying to create awareness about a particular research/education initiative to a specific audience?
- Is your piece accompanied by a high-resolution photo, a graphic, or maybe a video so audiences will be more inclined to engage with your content?
- Will your message be best delivered in English, Traditional or Simplified Chinese, or is it best if it is delivered in all three?
- Have you thought about other channels to promote your story? For example, this could be CUHK in Focus (effective for staff, students and some alumni), or it could be your local Faculty/College/Unit Newsletter or your own area’s social media accounts.
We generally aim to publish social media posts which meet the following criteria:
- Posts which align with the University’s Strategic Plan (e.g., four research foci, and initiatives supported by the University which fall under the Strategic Plan’s success matrix) and other major strategic priorities/themes (e.g., Greater Bay Area engagement, student-led activities)
- Posts which transcend any one Faculty/College/Unit and speak to the University’s interests, and its community as a whole
- Posts which are accompanied by powerful, high-resolution photographs, graphics or embedded video – your picture should tell a compelling story and enhance the information contained in the main text. How does this image add to the narrative? Low resolution photos, large Zoom screenshots of multiple participants in online conferences/seminars etc will not be accepted
- Posts which have a short, punchy text are welcome (detailed information can be included in the post via a link but the post’s core message should be short and concise)
- Posts celebrating achievements are welcome (i.e., major rankings such as THE, QS, ARWU, US World News; staff awards such as major academic prizes, fellowship elections or membership of learned academies; student awards such as prestigious scholarships and competitions; alumni achievements such in sport, business and government)