I·CARE Theatre 2023-24 - "To Be Continued"
28 Sep 2023
Sir Run Run Shaw Hall
CUHK Students and Staff: https://webapp.itsc.cuhk.edu.hk/ras/restricted/eventlist?id=71
I·CARE Centre for Whole-person Development
Student Experience and Development Section
Office of Student Affairs
Tel: 3943 8621
28 September 2023｜7:00 pm｜Sir Run Run Shaw Hall｜
80 min｜Category I｜In Cantonese and English, with subtitles in Chinese and English｜
Director: Dora Choi, Haider Kikabhoy
28 September 2023｜8:30 pm｜Sir Run Run Shaw Hall｜
Speaker: Dora Choi (Host), Haider Kikabhoy, Dr. Ng Chun-hung
This documentary starts with the fight to preserve the former State Theatre in North Point (previously known as the Empire Theatre), and gradually uncovers the legendary life of its founder, Harry Odell. This entertainment tycoon, forgotten by history, brought world-class musicians to perform in Hong Kong as early as the 1950s, and had a profound impact on the development of arts and culture in Hong Kong.
- The above activities will be opened to CUHK members (students, staff and alumni) only and are free-of-charge.
- Admission for registered participants will start 30 minutes before the screening. Please reserve ample time for registration at the University entrance (if necessary).
- Free seating is made on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Walk-in participants will be admitted five minutes before the screening.
- Any form of photo taking and video recording are prohibited.