Postponement of the Celebratory Graduation Event for the 2019 Doctoral Degree Graduates
The Chinese University of Hong Kong has planned to hold a celebratory graduation event for the 2019 Doctoral Degrees Graduates in early this year. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the event will be postponed and is unlikely to be held in this calendar year. Please kindly accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused. We will closely monitor the situation and keep you informed once there is any update.
Under such circumstance, the Business Unit of the University would like to request doctoral graduates to return the academic gowns. Graduates who have not returned the gown earlier, please deliver it in person or by courier on or before 30 September 2020. Please see below for the details of gown returning arrangement.
Special Announcement for Return of Academic Gown
Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree Graduates
As the University MTR station has been reopened, the Bachelor and Master Gown Return Deadlines has been deferred to 18 January 2020 (Saturday) . A penalty of HK$40 per working day will be levied and deducted from the rental deposit if your gown is returned on or after 20 January 2020. Please find the venue, date and time for returning gowns on our Facebook page.
Doctoral Degrees Graduates
Important Notes for Gown Returning
1. Use courier such as SF Express, Fedex, DHL, etc. with person delivery service
2. Put the rental receipt OR write your Full English Name and CUHK Student ID card no. on a piece of paper and put it inside the parcel
3. The postal fee is at your own expense
4. Please make sure you put all THREE items including the Gown, Hood, and Cap inside the parcel.
5. You have to bear the risk of loss in transit, which means that if there is any missing or damaged items, corresponding penalty will be deducted from the rental deposit. Penalty for damaged or missing items: Gown: HK$1000; Hood: HK$200; Cap: HK$250.
6. All parcels should arrive our address (as stated below) on or before 30 September 2020 (Wednesday).
Gown Rental Team, Business Unit,
1/F, Sui Loong Pao Building,
The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, NT, HK
Phone number: (852) 3943-4733
(Please find the date and time for returning gowns on our Facebook page.)
Penalty for Late Return of Gowns
Please be reminded that penalty of HK$40 per working day will be levied and deducted from the rental deposit if your gown is returned on or after 5 October 2020 (Monday).
COLLECTION OF CERTIFICATES
Please click the links below for details:
INDIVIDUAL PHOTOS FOR PURCHASE
The individual photos of the graduates taken on stage by the official photographer at the Master’s Degrees Graduation Ceremonies have been uploaded online. Please click here for the purchase details and welcome to browse and place your order.