FACE-TO-FACE CONGREGATION 2020
It is our great pleasure to inform you that the 88th and 89th Congregations will be conducted in a face-to-face format, given that the COVID-19 pandemic situation in Hong Kong has eased. Unless the situation of pandemic worsens, a virtual congregation in an online format will be arranged immediately. Dates of the graduation ceremonies are as follows:
- 19 Nov 2020 (Thu)
88th Congregation for the Conferment of Bachelor’s Degrees organized by respective Colleges
- 20-21 Nov 2020 (Fri-Sat)
88th Congregation for the Conferment of Master’s Degrees organized by respective Faculties
- 3 Dec 2020 (Thu)
89th Congregation for the Conferment of Honorary and Doctoral Degrees
Registered graduates and guests are welcome to return to the campus to attend the graduation ceremonies. For those who are unable to participate in the ceremonies in person, they can view the live webcast on the Zoom platform to capture this joyous occasion.
The live streaming links, meeting IDs and passcodes will be sent to all graduates by their respective Colleges, Faculties or Communications and Public Relations Office near the event day. All graduation ceremonies will also be recorded on video and then uploaded onto the Congregation website for viewing by end of December 2020.
Click here for more information.
INFECTION PREVENTION MEASURES
In order to maintain public health and avoid any spreading of the virus amid graduation ceremonies, graduates and guests are requested to pay attention to the following:
- Wearing facial masks and keeping social distancing all the time.
- Washing hands or using hand sanitizers frequently to keep you free from the virus.
- Measuring body temperature before entering the ceremonial grounds or live webcasting venues. Graduates and guests are advised to arrive earlier to avoid a large number of people lining up at the venue entrance. If graduates and/or guests show any respiratory symptoms, they would not be admitted to the venues and should seek medical advice immediately.
- Handshaking and photo taking with procession members on stage during the ceremony are restricted so as to avoid any close body contact.
- Eating and drinking are not allowed at the ceremonial grounds and live webcasting venues.
- CUHK canteens can only provide limited dine-in services in accordance with the Government’s anti-epidemic measures. Graduates and/or guests are advised to make meal arrangement outside campus if needed.
- Those graduates and/or guests outside Hong Kong coming for the graduation ceremony should plan ahead to arrive in Hong Kong at least 14 days prior to the event, and take necessary viral tests and/or undergo quarantine as required by the Government. For the latest measures and arrangements, please visit the Government’s website at https://www.coronavirus.gov.hk.
NOTICES TO GRADUATES
Please click the following links to read the Notices.